As part of our core mission of democratizing data skills globally, DataCamp is launching its Everyone Can Learn Python Scholarship. https://www.datacamp.com/scholarship/learn-python
Python is one of the fastest-growing programming languages in the world and it’s an excellent skill for students of all disciplines to add to their skill set. DataCamp would like to help students get starting learning this vital technical skill for free.
Applications will be open from September 1, 2022, until March 31, 2023. The scholarship winner and runners-up will be announced on or around 1st May, 2023, and will be directly contacted before this date.
- Entrants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible for this scholarship
- Currently enrolled in secondary school, post-secondary school, or a postgraduate degree program.
- Please see the https://www.datacamp.com/scholarship/learn-python/terms-conditions for further details and exclusions.
- Do not have a post-secondary degree in computer science, data science, data analytics or a similar or related field of study
$5,000 for the winner to use towards further learning or formal education
$1,000 for 5 runners-up to support their education
How to Participate:
- Fill out the brief application form https://www.datacamp.com/scholarship/learn-python/form.
- Once you submit the form, you will create your free DataCamp account.
- Complete the free Introduction to Python and Introduction to SQL courses to prepare you for the challenge.
- Use your newfound knowledge to complete the 2 challenges and submit your responses!
- There is no cost to participate and your contact information will not be shared with a third party.
Winner Selection Criteria:
The entrant who scores the highest in the scholarship challenge will be deemed the winner – please see the scholarship application page for a full breakdown of the marking criteria. In the event of a tie, DataCamp reserves the right to determine a winner based on other criteria, such as XP.